mercredi 25 janvier 2012

Part 3 - The Walk - Day 2

There are not only girls on the way and there is nothing to know about the counter...

Anyway I woke up for the second day in Torres del Paine and I had breakfast meeting some people from Grenoble, that told me the typicall stuff a tourist should do here (which is wake up early and go to the mirador in order to see sunrise) really worth it.

Well, who told me that ? A certain Marion that has made an Erasmus semester here and decided to have a year break working and visiting the country.


I left after having said goodbye to John and Diana and I was on the trail for the most part of the day. There was a lot of people, but it seemed to me there was more going from West to East than the other way.

As I already said you can't really get lost


The small lake


All the day I was not far from André and Andrea, but I didn't knew them at that time. Depending on the break we made or the pictures we wanted to take, there were 5 min ahead or 5 min late...


Here you can see André and Andrea 15 sec ahead !

As I said before, the weather can change very (very) (very very) quickly. I remember hidding behind a rock to put my clothes on again (I mean 'more' clothes!) becaused I had been surprised. And thare had been no corner nor cliff before the change !


As I had been told by Marion and her friends, most of the day I was going along a lake, blue or opal I can't say but beautifull for sure.

I had a break here, with a lot of wind, but so nice !


You can almost refill the water anywhere...

André told me that I missed a Condor while I was walking. He said he saw him because he saw his huge shadow on the ground. But a few minute later, I heard him crying "COOOOOONNNDOOOR" and I had time to take this picture :

I also had some time to consider this : walking alone has some very good parts I won't detail here to not be considered as a misanthrope, but one should consider his music playlist first. Because there are some very long parts still ! Plus there are actually some dangerous places where you can fall and disapear. If no one has seen you I don't know what happen. But it cas usually be done easily. I later met Leah and Jasmine who told me they were lost and had to climb a little bit with their backpack in order to catch again the trail...

Arriving at the second camp (Los Cuernos - The Horns), I met two indians of New York City. Two men ! The first one is consultant and the second works at the university.

Arriving in the camp...

And that is the story of how I met Navin and Rahul !


There was also a dutch that is used to treck and the two fellows I had been seeing all the day.


I think that this camp was the best of the three I saw. It had the perfect size, good comfort and you can pay with your credit card !


But I went to bed early because my shoulders started to hurt at the end of that day, and I knew the next would not be a piece of cake...


2 commentaires: